Thursday 18 July 2013

Bourjois Laser Toppings: Sun Scales

My lazy nail polish loving self can't get enough of simple ways to make my nails look more interesting. My latest obsession has been the feathered polishes. I love the Invouge feather range and the Barry M Confettis have to be a close second favourite. After spotting the Bourjois Laser Toppings though, I realised what they had been missing- a bit of sparkle! The Laser Toppings are gorgeous coloured metallic strips in a clear base and come in three colours, Sun Scales, Blue Neon (the two I chose) and Aqua Purple priced at £5.99.
I chose Barry M Papaya Gelly as the base colour as it really makes the gold stand out. Sun Scales is made up of gold and metallic pink strips and is the perfect colour for summer. The Bourjois flat brushes are perfect for this kind of effect as you only need one sweep to cover the nail so you get a nice even coverage of strips.
Despite the mess I have made of my thumb, I love how this looks. I couldn't quite capture how the strips glitter in the light but it looks so pretty. This is a perfect alternative to a full on glitter polish but just gives that bit of extra sparkle to a plain polish. I found it lasted really well without chipping, a good three days before I got bored and took it off.

I haven't really taken much notice of Bourjois polishes before, but if the recent nail effect releases are anything to go by then I can't wait to see what they have planned for the future. I love the Laser Toppings so I hope they will carry on bringing out more unique polishes to keep up with the trends.

Have you tried the new Bourjois Manicure Toppings? I can't wait to try Blue Neon now!




2 comments:

  1. This looks really pretty! I need to get one of these! xoxo

    The perks
    of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitterandGloss18 July 2013 at 19:25

    They are lovely, they look so pretty in the sun x

    ReplyDelete