Saturday 29 June 2013

New Car...?

I know post is a little unusual for me but it is something which has been on my mind for ages. I have been seriously lusting after a new car recently. My current car is an S reg Clio and has just hit 100,000 miles which means that although it was a total steal two years ago at £800 and has suited me perfectly for something cheap to run to work in, I now want something a bit better. I don't want it to get to the point where it costs me too much to keep it running and I know as it is getting fairly old now, that point cannot be too far off. 
I used to drive my Mum's Peugeot 107 around and really liked it, and although I prefer my Clio, since I've seen the new purple 107's I have been really really reeeeeeally wanting one. Seriously, who would not want this in their life???
This car is just perfect for me. I adore the colour and they are pretty small and cute. Until these came out I'd gone with the "a cars a car" line and wasn't too bothered that mine is so old, but this is a car I could be proud of. I know I wouldn't regret spending my money on one but I don't have the cash and want to move out so need my savings for that. The other option is finance but I don't like the idea of paying back more than I owe. 
I know I should wait and get a second hand car and not waste my money on a brand new one but it is just so perfect. I can't describe how much I love this car. I wish there were more purple cars around as they are pretty rare but my purple obsession has got that bad now that I want a purple car too, so I don't just want to settle for something dull. 
I am pretty sensible with my money, I don't often splash out on myself, and have managed to save a fair bit so I do want to treat myself to a new car, but I just can't stop looking at this one. I won't get it, but it will be in the back of my mind when I'm sitting in my black/red/blue dull coloured car that it could have been this pretty. No car has ever caught my attention like this one has.

Anyway, I want opinions, is buying a car for the colour silly (probably), or would you splash out for a car in your favourite colour too?


No comments:

Post a Comment