Tuesday 11 June 2013

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara

I have tried plenty of different mascaras in my time and found a couple I have loved but most just don't live up to my expectations why is a shame when they all seem to claim so much; volumising, lengthening, extreme black...picking a new one to try can be a huge decision. I don't usually go for the new releases when they first hit the shelves as I prefer to stick to my tried and tested ones, but something about the new release from Maybelline caught my eye. Gel eyeliners and nail polishes have been hyped up for ages, but I had never heard of a gel mascara and I wanted to see how it would work. The Mega Plush Mascara also claims to have 40% less hard waxes than their original formula and create massive volume. I do love a volumised look as my lashes are quite long but not particularly full or dark.
I love the look of the packaging, the colours completely drew me in, which I know has no relevance to the quality of the product but I do love something that looks pretty. The brush to me is amazing too, I love large plastic brushes, which I know some bloggers hate, but for me they seem to work better. The length of the bristles mean that you can get right down into your lashes and easily coat them without too much movement of the brush.  
I wasn't too keen when I first used this mascara as I didn't find it volumising and it didn't seem to stick on my lashes, as in they didnt't feel held in place, or solid as some mascaras can. I did persevere though and now I absolutely love it! You do need a good few coats (I'd say 3-4 for proper volume) but it doesn't clump which I assume is thanks to the gel. After a few coats it really does build up amazing volume without feeling hard on your lashes. I also found that because it doesn't clump or go solid, you can add extra coats later, if you were going out in the evening and wanted a stronger look.

Overall, I would consider this a perfect day to night mascara as it is so versatile and can be used for a natural look or built up for a going out kind of look. I have been really impressed with it and have bought another few mascaras to try now I have realised there may be better ones out there. 

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara is available now from Superdrug and Boots for £7.99 although I did get it on an introductory offer for £5.99. 

Have you tried the Mega Plush Mascara? Do you have any better ones for me to try? Although I love this I still don't feel like I've found my holy grail mascara, so the search goes on!



2 comments:

  1. laurencoleszzz11 June 2013 at 22:56

    Hi, I have found with maybelline mascaras they take a week for you to love them, as they start of thin but thicken up within about a week once opened. This is true for colossal eyes but I've never tried this one.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitterandGloss12 June 2013 at 07:13

    Really? Thats strange but I can see where you're coming from with this one, it did seem really thin at first and now its fine

    ReplyDelete