Thursday 13 June 2013

Barry M Confetti Nail Effects

Ever since I saw the Nails Inc Feather Effect polishes I have been lusting after the perfect feather dupe. I posted a while ago about the lovely Invogue Feather polishes in Jaye Bird and my favourite, Parakeet. As much as I loved those I couldn't help myself picking up one of the new Barry M versions. I guess its common to hear how amazing Barry M are from a beauty blogger, and I personally also love them. I was a little disappointed with the sequin polishes so was glad to see another new release which was more up my street.
There are five different coloured confetti polishes, but I went for Marshmallow as it was nothing like the Invogue ones I have. Marshmallow is a lovely pale, summery polish with pale pink and white strips in a clear base. I decided to layer it over Grapefruit to show a stronger colour behind the confetti and used Papaya, my new favourite Gelly for the other nails.
Although I'm not as keen on this colour as the Invogue feather polishes, I have to say I am impressed with the formula. This was one coat and a little touch up, so the strands go on much better than the feather effect polish which needed a good few coats for this kind of coverage. I have to say I think Parakeet is still my favourite feathery polish, although Barry M's Dolly Mixture looks very similar and a lovely colour. I am tempted to get Sour Apple too, although I'm not too keen on green it does look really nice in the bottle.

Have you tried the Barry M confetti or the Invogue Feathers? Which is your favourite?

2 comments:

  1. Samantha Marriott13 June 2013 at 20:49

    Love the look of that Gelle nails coral colour. Great post!


    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlitterandGloss13 June 2013 at 21:22

    I know its so pretty I just cant stop using it. I had to actually make myself pick a different colour today instead of using it again; It might actually be the first polish I finish! x

    ReplyDelete