Friday 3 May 2013

April Empties

I can't actually believe how quickly this year is going by! Were nearly half way through already! I feel like I have achieved nothing so far this year, although that will hopefully soon change! I have some exciting news which I have to keep quiet for now but hopefully this means everything I wanted to happen this year will fall into place and I cannot wait! I've been on a complete high this week, although part of me is waiting for something to go wrong, but I hope it doesn't!


Anyway, onto the point of the post. I have been doing quite well with using up my stash and this month has got rid of a few more duplicate products! I have about three different places I store extra toiletries and I always forget to look somewhere meaning I end up buying things I don't need (like dry shampoo, I seem to have them hidden everywhere!)
Schwartzkopf Volumising Powder: I love love love this and I know I keep mentioning it but it is amazing and makes my flat, boring hair look so much better. I seem to go through about one of these a month as I use it daily! Repurchase: Yes! I already have a back-up stash!

Trevor Sorbie Volume Mousse: This is another of my hair heroes. Along with the volume powder these pretty much make up my essential hair products. Anyone else suffering with flat fine hair needs to try these! Repurchase: Yes, I already have!

Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion: I bought this half price for about £2.50 and I love it. It does have quite a strong smell but I usually use it on an evening then when you shower in the morning it gets rid of the smell. It really is amazing for giving you colour though. I went for the deep version, but it also comes in light, and I have had so many comments about my "tan". One of my friends even said it looked better than her St Tropez! Its perfect for people like me who are too lazy to fake tan but like a little colour for a night out. The colour lasts a good 3-5 days before it starts to fade or wash off. Repurchase: Yes, its half price at Boots now!

Batiste Dry Shampoo Graffiti: I bought this as it was reduced, I think this is discontinued and they were out of stock of my favourite Tropical. I love these dry shampoos but as for this fragrance, it was a little strong and I'll be sticking to my old favourite from now on. I really do notice the difference when I've used dry shampoo, I don't have greasy hair, I don't use it for that, but it really does give some bounce to my flat hair once I've slept on it. Repurchase: Not this one, but yes on the tropical!
 Now the beauty products:

Rimmel Stronger Base Coat: I have been using this for a while now, its lasted me a good few months, and I really have noticed the difference. My nails aren't as soft and don't peel or break as often. They are even starting to grow and stay longer. I really like this and would recommend it for a cheap alternative to the likes of Sally Hansen (think it was £4.59). Repurchase: I have a No7 one I am trying now, but yes if that isn't amazing!

17 (now Seventeen) Photo Flawless Primer: This stuff is amazing! I have tried a couple of primers, but this is the best for a smooth, silky soft make-up base. It also keeps my make-up perfect all day and only costs £4.99! Bargain! I was a little worried it wouldn't last long, being a small tube but I have been using this since just after Christmas, so its lasted really well! Repurchase: YES!

annnnnnd finally: Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast Lip Balm: I bought this because it was £1 at ASDA and sounded like it would taste nice and it does! Its lovely! It is a little thick and leaves your lips a little white but it was perfect for me as I like a lip balm I can put on before bed so I don't need it on all day. Repurchase: No, simply because I have 1001 lip balms and don't need any more.

So there we are, most of these are things I use all the time, this pretty much reads like a favourites post! Do you love any of these?


No comments:

Post a Comment