Thursday 11 April 2013

MUA and Barry M Haul

Not working full time is deadly for me. I can't stand sitting around the house doing nothing so more often than not I end up going for a wonder round the shops. So that's what happened today. I didn't buy much, just a couple of bits, but I thought I'd show you them anyway. My MUA order also arrived today (yay!) I have been waiting to get my hands on the Power Pouts since MUA announced their release and I finally gave in and ordered some (and a few other bits).

I have mentioned before how much I love the Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains, so had to try MUA's bargain £3 versions! I chosen Broken Hearted, a gorgeous pink shade, Rendezvous, a lovely pinky nude and Justify, a shimmery coral shade. I haven't tried these properly yet but judging by the swatches, and how well they stained my hand, these are going to be amazing for the price! Another win for MUA!

I also picked up one of the new Merged Baked Eyeshadow Trios in Legendary, again £3. These look like perfect shades for a day-to-day look. I love blending shades like these to give a shimmery smoky eye. I can't wait to try them out!

I also couldn't resist trying out one of the new style nail polishes in Pistachio Ice Cream. I don't own many green shades and this is a gorgeous pale minty green which will be perfect for Spring. How pretty are the new bottles? I was really impressed with the old style for £1, so hopefully the new style will be just as good. I hope they will bring some new shades out soon though, there aren't many on the website, a lot seem to have been discontinued.

Finally, something else I have been waiting to get my hands on- the Barry M nail art pens. These were on 3-for-2 at Superdrug, so all 3 were only a tenner! (£4.99 each). I have seen some amazing reviews of these so I'm going to give them a go as I don't have the steadiest hand and find nail art quite tricky sometimes. I can see these colours working well on an Aztec style design which I have been wanting to try, so watch out for that one!

So there we go, I did buy a couple of other bits but nothing interesting just essentials like tights. I also realised I forgot to include the MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation which was on offer for £3 instead of £5, and I can't find it! I tried it today though and really like it, so I'll review it soon, if I find it! I was in a rush this morning so it could be anywhere!
What have you been lusting over recently? I know the Power Pouts and Nails Art Pens have been on a lot of bloggers wishlists this month! Have you tried them yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment