Thursday 18 April 2013

April Glossybox

I had a sneak peek at a few early reviews of this months box (I know half the fun is the surprise but I just can't help myself!) and was seriously looking forward to getting mine. I think this is the best box I've had yet! There were a couple of other bits I'd spotted which I would have liked to have got too, but I'm really happy with everything in my box! Anyway, onto the un-boxing (de-boxing? I don't know!).

First off, how gorgeous is the box? The design was created by Pearl Lowe, who is also featured in an interview in the free booklet. I use my Glossyboxes for storage so this will make a lovely addition to my growing collection. The theme for this months box is Spring Fever, products to get you ready for Spring. I think this is a really nice idea with the weather just starting to pick up! The total value of this months box came to about £27

My sample products, 3 full size and a nice mix of make-up, body products and a cute little fragrance sample.

Surprisingly, the Essie polish (Full size, £7.99) was the sample I was most excited to see in my box! I had seen a few colours in other bloggers boxes and was hoping for the lilac but to be honest I have lots of purples and nothing like Rosebowl so this will make a nice addition to my collection.

I was also really excited to see a Sleek blusher (full size, £4.49), I hadn't seen these in anyone else's box but I have seen plenty of good reviews on different blogs and never tried one myself so this was a lovely surprise. I received Suede, a gorgeous natural pinky brown. I love the colour and this will be perfect for a natural look. I always tend to go for pinky blushes so this is a nice change. Plus how lovely is the compact? I'm really impressed with this one!

I had seen a few boxes with the pistachio version of this, but I love fruity fragrances so I was so happy to try the mango version! Nip + Fab Mango Smoothie Body Butter (50ml, full size 200ml £9.95). I tried this out straight away and it smells amazing! The tiny amount on the picture has made my hands feel so soft. This will definitely be getting used!

This is something I had not heard of before, A-Derma Intense Repair Lip Balm (full size, £7.95). It contains Rhealba Oat Milk (seriously? I think they make these things up :/) to soften and protect your lips. I have loads of lip balms as I do suffer badly with dry lips, so I'm always on the look out for something amazing and  my first impression of this is good! I have it on at the moment, so I'll see how well it works!

 Finally, a nice touch as I hadn't had any fragrance samples before, a sample size Yves Rocher So Elixir Purple (5ml, full size 50ml £44). The box it comes in is so pretty! I wasn't expecting much as I am quite picky with the perfumes I like but surprisingly I actually like this one! Its a little strong but quite fruity and really lovely.

I really loved last months box but this one has topped it!. £27 worth of products is really good value and it will all get used! I have been really impressed with my Glossyboxes so far and I know a lot of people have had bad experiences, but I am quite happy to keep getting them, I love the little surprise treats every month! I have been saving my Glossydots too, meaning after next months box I can have a freebie!
Have you had this months box? Were you as happy as I am?


4 comments:

  1. This is pretty good!
    I started getting these this year, and to be honest I've not been impressed. Everyone else always has stuff I would use, and I end up with rubbish! Every month I say 'one more month', but I'm going to cancel it if this months is still rubbish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! must be exciting not to know what you're getting! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GlitterandGloss18 April 2013 at 22:24

    Aw I'd have been happy with that too! I know I like the mix you get in them, mine have always had at least two make-up products and two skincare, then something else. I wouldn't bother with them if it was just skincare. I do love the nail varnish though and got Nails Inc last time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlitterandGloss18 April 2013 at 22:25

    It is, I know a lot of people have had bad experiences but I like my little surprises every month and I'll keep it going whilst they are good, I'd only cancel if I got a few rubbish ones x

    ReplyDelete