Thursday 14 February 2013

Midweek Shopping Part 2

So once again the idea of writing my essay sent me running out to the shops for something to do. Either that or I am determined to buy every product in existence before my Make-Up Free March (I'm not buying anything new for the entire month :| ).

I had a few things in mind that I wanted to pick up but ended up buying more than I wanted as usual! Anyway, here is what I bought. I also tried a new picture editing website, so hopefully they will look nice!
 The newest addition to the MUA eyeshadow family, the Undress Me Too palette. You get 12 whole shades for £4, bargain! I have had this on my wishlist since I heard about its release, so was disappointed to see it wasn't on the shelves in my local Superdrug, however, knowing what we are like in Boots for hoarding new products, I asked one of the lovely assistants and she found it for me along with the highlighter! I haven't tried it yet but have had really good things about it, and am especially happy to find the similarity to the Urban Decay Naked palettes, as I just can't bring myself to spend so much to get them! I like that these shades are named too.
I also wanted to compare it to the original, the Undressed palette, so of course I had to get that one too. I'm not 100% but I think I prefer this one, the shades are a little warmer and I think the darker shades in this will be more wearable than the black in the Undress Me Too.
This is another from MUA's new range, the Undress Your Skin Highlighter. I haven't really made much effort with highlighters before, so this seemed like a good idea to try. It has a lovely subtle pink shimmer and looked gorgeous when I swatched it so I'm going to experiment and see how it goes. At £3.00, even if I decided I'm still not a highlighter (see what I did there? ha), then I haven't lost much.
Of course, I had to pick up a couple of the new Barry M shades, two for £6 in Superdrug at the moment. After spending ages deciding I chose the textured polish in Atlantic Road and the Dragonfruit Gelly shade. I am looking forward to giving these a try but didn't want to take my Essie off yet. 
I had to give this a try when I saw it, the range looks fairly similar to Boots' Botanics and since I love that one I thought this deserved a go. Brightening Radiance Balm sounds right up my street seen as I am always tired, hopefully this will at least wake my skin up a bit! The range is half price at the moment and this was £2.99 so I couldn't resist giving it a try.
Finally, after trying on loads of summery clothes, none which suited me and didn't make me look huge (sad face) I found this little beauty in River Island for a fiver. I've seen loads of necklaces like this around lately, but as I don't usually go for big pieces of jewellery, I hadn't found any I liked enough to buy. This one is just big enough for me though and I love it. 

That's all for me today, hopefully I can resist buying anything else this week, although I doubt it will happen :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the look of the MUA high lighter, I've been looking into getting one and this looks like a good start (which won't break the bank!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it this morning and I really like it :) they do so much good stuff for so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely haul. I really like the look of the new MUA Undress Me Too palette :) I'd love to try the Barry M Gelly nail polishes too, they look fab!

    Found your blog through the #bbloggers blog hop and I've started following :)

    Suzy xx

    http://www.suzyheartsbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the look of the MUA palettes, i love how they are great dupes for the UD palettes :D also that highlighter looks really similar to one of the MAC highlighters that came out at Christmas :D

    Just stumbled across your blog through the bbloggers hop and i'm your newest follower :D would absolutely love it if you'd stop by and take a little peek through mine

    Sophia Meola | A
    Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy!!!!

    You have such an impressive blog :-) Just came across your blog via #bbloggerschat and truely

    loved it. Its always been so nice to meet with a person who shares the same passion like me .

    I am following you now with a name Sana Sadiq .



    My Blog: http://sunniewrites.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin:http://bloglovin.com/sanasadiq86

    Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/SunnieWritesABlog

    Twitter : https://twitter.com/itsmesaannaa

    Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/sanasadiq/

    Shesaid Beauty : https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/sanasadiq

    would love if you follow me back <3 <3 <3 xxxx

    Regards,

    Sana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Barry M Gellys, I have almost all of them, they have to be one of the best ranges I've tried! Thanks for following :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've really gotten into using the highlighter now, I've put a little on every morning to make me look less tired. It's gorgeous and not too shimmery. I'll have a nosy at yours now, love new blogs to read, thanks for following :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh i really want to try most these beauty products. found you through blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete