Thursday 14 February 2013

Essie It's Genius

Another NOTD post for you, this is one I have had for a while but haven't gotten around to using yet. I haven't used many Essie polishes as they are a little on the pricey side for someone who has over 100 polishes, probably uses each one twice and keeps buying more! I fancied trying something different though, so I picked up It's Genius as it is such an unusual colour. Its kind of a browny, purpley pink with a gold shimmer in the light. I used three coats as it seems a little on the thin side, then a top coat to give more shine. I was surprised by how quickly it dried though, it was almost instant!
I love this colour, it really is a beautiful shade. I am definitely an Essie convert! They have some gorgeous polishes and the coverage and colour they give are better than cheaper polishes. The big test for me will be how long they last without chipping though.
I would recommend them if you are wanting to treat yourself, I mean, I don't think I will be buying a load of them, I do love my bargains too much but I think I will invest for special occasions or for the odd must have shade though. 

What about you? Do you prefer a bargain or do you think its worth splashing out for a better brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment