Saturday 26 January 2013

Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara and Eyeliner

Another review for you all :). 17 are a Boots brand like No7 although their products and designs are targeted at the younger ones among us. They have recently re branded themselves as Seventeen with a whole new look and some new releases along with it! Doll'd Up mascara is the first new product to be released so I had to pick it up when I was at work yesterday along with the 3 way Doll'd Up eyeliner pen which is free with it at the moment.
I am a big fan of the 17 Falsifeye mascara for giving big lashes for a night out so I was expecting great things from Doll'd up and I have to say I wasn't disappointed! After only a couple of coats I felt like my lashes looked much longer, well defined and curled. They claim the mascara gives 24-hour curl which is impressive (I haven't tested this as I don't want to sleep with it on) but I do like the effect you get.
After a couple of coats it does start to clump a little, but I haven't found a mascara yet which doesn't.
I did struggle a little with the 3-way eyeliner however. I haven't got round to trying a felt liner yet but assumed this would be easy enough to get a straight, neat line. The liner tip has three prongs to allow you to create different effects.



I found it quite difficult to keep the line straight, although after a couple of touch-ups, I do quite like it but I think I will stick to my tried and tested favourite, Collection 2000's Fast Stroke liner. I do like the dotting idea though, as demonstrated on their Youtube channel, and I also found it easier to get a softer line than I do with my normal liner, so not all bad.




The Doll'd Up mascara and free eyeliner are on an introductory offer at Boots at the moment, selling for £5.29 (usually £6.29) so with discount this was a bargain and I would recommend :) After having seen a couple of other new products Seventeen will be releasing (including a nail polish I can't wait for!) it will be interesting to see what else they have for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment