Saturday 26 January 2013

MUA Conceal and Brighten Kits

I wanted to share something I bought recently after hearing some good reviews! 
MUA is a brand I have only recently discovered but have fallen in love with (mostly for their nail constellations and fur). They can be found in Superdrug or online and have some lovely products for really cheap, with things like nail polishes and lipsticks for a pound! Who could resist that? I have ordered quite a few other products from them as they recently had a 50% off sale online so I couldn't resist buying a few more pieces which I am looking forward to getting!

One of their latest releases is the Conceal and Brighten Kit. It looks much more expensive than it is as it sells for £3.50. There are three colour options and I chose the middle shade Natural - Medium Rose.
The first two pots contain creamy concealers which can easily be blended to match your skin tone and the third pot has a creamy highlighter.
(Unfortunately these make it look a lot darker than it actually is!)

I have been using the first concealer blended with a small amount of the second one under my foundation as a cover-up for the dark circles under my eyes. This is something I have always suffered with and hated, but I do think this has really worked to cover them up and brighten up the darkness!
These colours are a good match for my skin and as you can see from the first swatch the first concealer is really brightening whereas the second is darker which tones the first down to blend it in. The highlighter is something I haven't had chance to experiment with yet, but the colour blends really well and gives a lovely subtle shimmer. The concealers are quite oily and do tend to crease after a while under the eye, but I found a little powder over the top stops this from happening.

I would definitely recommend trying this for the price, along with other MUA products, which I am looking forward to testing out when my order arrives :)

No comments:

Post a Comment